You might be watching a lot of videos and keep on asking how to make videos like that. Well, I can say that this topic however is broad but let me just discuss how to make videos in general. As I said, it will be a novel-like story if I’ll discuss everything in details here.
Videos are divided into different categories such as movie (or we call it film), documentary, music video, commercials, TV broadcast, and events and corporate videos. The steps on how to make each kind varies so lets talk about them one by one:
How to Make Videos for A Movie
1. Make a story and a good title. The purpose of this video is to entertain so the title must be catchy and the story must be appealing. You also have to create new ideas since repeating told stories will just bore the viewers.
2. Depending on how big your production is, complete the team. Get a director, producer, writer, cameramen, editor and of course actors and actresses.
3. Let the writer and storyboard artist complete the script and the storyboard.
4. The cameramen then shoots the scene based on the storyboard. The actors and actresses also act and tell their lines according to the script. Of course the director is there to direct everything and producer will produce the production needs.
5. When the shooting is over, editors will then edit the video and the writer and director will supervise it.
How to Make Videos for A Documentary
1. Research and then write the documentary script. Unlike movies however, this is a real case scenario so you can only write a draft script as a guide map for your shooting journey.
2. Go to the field depending on your topic and shoot according to your script and how the things go on will lead you.
3. Write a final script based on what you shot and gathered so far.
4. Edit the video based on the script you made.
How to Make Videos for A Music Video
1. The song is already provided so all you have to do is make a video script based on the message of the song.
2. Shoot the actors, singers and what not based on the script you made. Be sure to play an audio while the singer sings the song for you to be able to sink the mouth well during the editing.
3. Edit the video
How to Make Videos for Events
1. Talk to the client on the time and venue of the event and be sure to prepare and arrive there before the time.
2. Shoot the event. Establish the scene then document everything that will happen.
3. Edit the video then give it to the client
So there you go. As you can see some steps are present in other kind videos but not necessary to others. In general, it comes from a concept, then write it, shoot it, then edit it. That’s it! It’s good to learn those stuffs in video production and try to fit yourself depending on your passion and specialty. This is a fun industry as long as it is your passion.